none
Any impacts for changing the Primary Email address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Any impacts for single sign on after  changing the Primary Email address but the UPN will be the same?

Monday, August 26, 2019 6:32 AM

All replies

• As long as you keep the old email address as secondary, there should be no effect.
    Monday, August 26, 2019 6:10 PM
  •  My plan is to Remove the old address within a month,  How can i fix this issue.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:18 AM
  • Hi Jud4ks,

I noticed that you mentioned "Single Sign On", so there is a hybrid Setup, right?

Which method did you use to deploy SSO? Password hash synchronization, pass-through authentication or ADFS?

Besides, what is your Exchange server version and build number? And the environment architecture?

>> Changing the Primary Email address but the UPN will be the same?

I believe you mean change the domain suffix of the primary email address and keep the same UPN suffix?

If so, did you verify the new domain name in Office 365?

We do need to you to provide us with more details here to better describe the issue.

Look forward to your reply!

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:26 AM
  •  My plan is to Remove the old address within a month,  How can i fix this issue.

What issue? When you remove the old address, the user will no longer be able to receive messages addressed to that specific address. As long as any external recipient is aware of the changed address, you will be fine. And generally speaking, there is no reason you would want to remove the old one.
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:51 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards, 

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 8:43 AM