none
Use of MS Word versions with WIndows 8 Pro

Question

• When Windows 8 Pro was downloaded to upgrade Vista on my laptop, I lost my Office 2010 programs. Can't open MS Word files that I do have on the laptop and in WExplorer. Does Windows 8 support MS Word or just Wordpad?
    Monday, October 29, 2012 9:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Same question, any answers out there?  I had vista with 2007 professional.  Did we lose our software?
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:11 AM
  • Same topic of the thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/after-upgrading-to-win-8-office-and-other-programs/9a4763be-597d-428a-859f-456ae8389ea4

Can you detail the steps how you upgrade to Windows 8.

Here is the correct upgrade guide provided:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/can-you-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-8/7ad17060-3bbe-473c-a795-6f2b13c6d3a9

If you can find windows.old folder in Disk C, you'd better to reinstall Microsoft Office product.

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support
    A new Office has arrived, try it now.
    A beautiful Start. It begins here. Windows 8 and Windows RT.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:15 AM
  • I installed Windows 8 - I found the old folder in my C drive....but now what?  Can you please tell us how we can reinstall our Office Products.

I am about to start college courses and I need my Office Products ASAP. 

Also it seems that Windows 8 is having issues with the Mail application.  Half the time it won't even come up on the screen and then when it does it can't seem to find my mail server.

I've had this less then 24 hours and although I like the features it's offering especially because I have a touch screen computer I am getting very fed up already.

• Proposed as answer by OriginalVHOne Friday, March 01, 2013 1:22 AM
    Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:02 PM
  • I tried to  use my old Outlook as I do not like the new mail as was introduced back in Windows 7. I got Outlook 2002 to work then with a fix but when Microsoft Update updated without my permission (I do require permission as I lost a computer due to one of their major updates), I lost Outlook.  

I just bought a new Windows 8 laptop and of course they have the same thing. I couldn't get any version of Outlook to work so I looked via searching the internet and found eM Client.  Do a search. It's very close to Outlook in what it does and it can sit hidden with settings for you to know when you receive email, but it will sit down in the bar at the bottom. It really is user friendly~I don't mean to knock MS, but I don't like some of their products, but did like the older versions of Word.  I can't get my Word 2000 to work on this either. When I tried to install it, my touchpad froze up.  Then when I went to take the zipped file I used to put it in out, the entire DVD was clear, no silver color, see through.  haha  I guess we just can't use old programs, must go to the store online in Windows 8.  Hope this helps.  eM Client is emclient dot com.  Works well with Hotmail, AOL, gmail, etc as well as your own email accounts.  You pay a little for more than two email accounts though.  

Friday, March 01, 2013 1:29 AM