none
What is the best third party product for rapid C# programming with MS-ACCESS and Winforms? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My dilemma is a unique one, I think.  I have gained a certain level of C# proficiency, and wish to do pragmatic, rapid development in C# with MS-ACCESS as my database engine.  I have a strictly single-user application, no need for SQL or mutl-user.

My app is also extremely simple:  2 flat tables, and a 3rd file/table consisting of transactions based on the first 2 tables.

The  volume of data is medium:  The 2 flat tables are about 1,000 records Max. (each), and the record size (fixed) at about <300 bytes.

The 3rd file (transactions) average about 20MB (< 30,000 records) per year.  Nothing "heavy" to speak of.

Given these characteristics, I am looking for a third-party SDK or API that can, from a C# developer standpoint:

1 - simplify my need to deal with Winforms details -- create simple screen layouts, fields, buttons, drop downs, etc..

2 - simplify my need to "delve into" MS-ACCESS database calls/interfaces -- my app just needs to read/write records,

do simple, repeatable queries that have only 2 selection criteria at most (a date range, and a single field), and output data to EXCEL file format.

I am told one such company is ComponentOne, http://www.grapecity.com  but I've been unsuccessful so far in trying to contact them.

Would be highly grateful for any useful tips and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, October 15, 2017 8:52 PM

All replies