none
Script Editor Webpart missing from page but data still shows RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday, I inserted a Script Editor Webpart so that I could pull data from a table on another webpage to my webpage. It seems to be working. But today as I was trying to work on another section of that page, I noticed there was no web part there anymore. There was nothing to click if I wanted to edit that webpage.

But when I view my page, the table (that was built from script in this webpart) is still there. It's as if it's invisible. There is not even a tiny line to indicate a webpart is there. I added ?Contents=1 to the end of my page's address and it showed the webpart in the list. But how can I edit it since it seems invisible when editing my page?

Thank you for any assistance.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:15 PM

Answers

• As an update, I ended up just adding the webpart again and deleting the invisible webpart from the Web Part Page Maintenance area (you get there by adding ?Contents=1 to the end of your webpage's html address). Seems OK so far.

I don't know if Sharepoint is typically this buggy or if it's the intranet network I'm on. Yesterday when I initially was trying to create this webpage, the script would not work. I just saved and stopped for the day, and when I came in this morning, the script was working and pulling the correct data.

• Marked as answer by Nikki Ivy Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Nikki,

I have tried in SP2016, SP2019 and SPO but not able to reproduce this issue. May I know which version of SharePoint you are experiencing this issue also.

Could you please do the below steps (some time it is purely because of cache issue)

1. Remove the cache at browser
    2. Close all the active browsers
    3. Open the SharePoint page and try it again

Please let me know if you still see the issue.

Regards,

Krishna

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:30 PM
  • As an update, I ended up just adding the webpart again and deleting the invisible webpart from the Web Part Page Maintenance area (you get there by adding ?Contents=1 to the end of your webpage's html address). Seems OK so far.

I don't know if Sharepoint is typically this buggy or if it's the intranet network I'm on. Yesterday when I initially was trying to create this webpage, the script would not work. I just saved and stopped for the day, and when I came in this morning, the script was working and pulling the correct data.

• Marked as answer by Nikki Ivy Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:34 PM
  • Hi Nikki,

Thank you for your update if you see my reply is in sync and helpful please mark it as answer.

Happy SharePointing.

Regards,

Krishna

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:56 PM
  • Hi Nikki,

Thank you for your update if you see my reply is in sync and helpful please mark it as answer.

Happy SharePointing.

Regards,

Krishna

Hi Krishna. Recently, in the browser editing, I changed the "look and feel" of my page. This caused my script webpart to not work anymore. I tried doing what you said by clearing the cache, closing the browser, and then retrying with no luck.

I know that the code/script is correct, as it was working before I changed the "look and feel". I've tried a few times deleting the webpart and reinserting it, but still no luck. Do you have any other ideas on why this isn't working anymore? Thanks in advance!

Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:09 PM