none
Email Delivery / Possible transport rule RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

I have a situation that when one of my customers is trying to send an email to a particular domain but the email gets dropped.

We have a cloud based email solution just like mimecast or messagelabs. 

When the email is sent to the particular domain it gets blocked on the on premise part ( exchange 2010) 

I understand that an transport rule is blocking it but: 

-we have over 140 transport rules ( checked them one by one manually ) 

-exported message tracking logs and inside of them i see that source : Agent eventid:fail but no information in the event data (its a silent drop so the email is getting blocked but no notification is sent to the sender ) 

Just for your own information i cannot : 

-add to each rule an bounceback 

-turn of rules one by one 

-use the filter parameter in transport server command  ( dont have this cmdlet in the powershell) 

I'm struggling for the last couple days with this issue. 

Any ideas ? 

Thx :) ! 

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:34 AM

All replies

• output to a text file

Get-TransportRule | select -ExpandProperty Description

then search for the domain or address that is being blocked.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:47 AM
  • Additional information to Andy David's suggestion:

You can use command below to export all transport rule to a .CSV file:

Get-TransportRule | select Name,Description | Export-Csv c:/temp/rule.csv -NoTypeInformation

Then open this .CSV file and use "Ctrl+F" to search key word like: "this particular domain or ","Delete" or "without notifying"

If this email is dropped with transport rule, you will could find it in this way.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:00 AM
  • thx mate 

i found 1 rule that had a part of the domain name in the rule but it wont be this thx for trying ! 

Friday, June 28, 2019 8:39 AM
  • thx mate 

i found 1 rule that had a part of the domain name in the rule but it wont be this thx for trying ! 

In that case a transport rule isnt blocking it. What does message tracking show
    Friday, June 28, 2019 11:18 AM
  • As Andy David said, if there doesn't exist such a transport rule, this email may not be blocked by transport rule. Could you provide the detail information about message tracking log to us? (Remove sensitive information before posting it)

Get-TransportService | Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender xx@xx.xx -Recipients xx@xx.xx -MessageSubject "xx" | fl

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:28 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:33 AM