none
SharePoint Calendar Connect to Outlook vs. Sharing Outlook SharePoint Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint calendar connected to Outlook and I am able to display the SharePoint calendar with My Calendar side by side.  Is there a difference (limitations) if I Share my SharePoint calendar via Outlook to a group of Outlook contracts or have individuals access SharePoint and use the connect to Outlook as I did for myself.  I am able to update as well as others and all the calendars sync.

The only issue I see is others are impacted if I change my sharing role.  Any other issues using my method?

Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to know the differences between connect to Outlook and Share the SharePoint calendar in Outlook.

Connect to Outlook: There isn't any automated way to achieve this for all users, they have to connect the SharePoint Calender manually to their Outlook.

However, you can share your Outlook Calender (connected to SharePoint Calender) to users.

It’s very easy and the users do not need manually connect to the SharePoint calendar.

What’s more, when you edit the events in the SharePoint calendar, it would automatically sync the events in all the users’ calendar.

The permission of the users are based on the users permission in the site of the SharePoint.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, January 17, 2014 9:34 AM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:50 AM