none
How do I propose to Microsoft to share the Microsoft.SharePoint.Emulators source so I can extend it for SP2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I have made a good use of the Microsoft.SharePoint.Emulators library in my SP2010 projects and now gearing up to update to SP2013.  From our current evaluation, our team has decided to stay with Farm solution approach for a number of customizations and using that library with new platform would be highly beneficial.  

When I try to bring it in, it has a hard depedency on .net 3.5 assemblies and VS2012 automation which makes it impossible to use directly.  Now, if I had access to the source or at least collaborate with maintainers, then i could help bring it forward.  

How do I approach the MS to assist here? 

PS: based on the Nuget license, i am not allowed to reverse engineer it (which i am capable of as well).

Thank you,

Roman.

Monday, June 1, 2015 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Roman,

Per my understanding, you might want to use the Microsoft.SharePoint.Emulators library in SharePoint 2013 project.

I would suggest you submit a feedback to the Office Developer Platform if there any expectation about the future version of Microsoft Office product:

http://officespdev.uservoice.com/

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thanks 

Patrick Liang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 7:21 AM