none
Sharepoint and Remote access portal RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am using a 3rd party tool for tracing communication between user browser and servers and I see that whenever a call is made to SP, a call is also made to another machine which is a remote access portal. I am unable to check where this configuration is there in the sharepoint.

I need this to be checked.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:44 AM

All replies

• Hi sktemk,

Could you please provide the information about the remote access portal? Is the remote access portal in your server or third party server?

If you use the third party tool to monitor the communication between browser and server, it will also upload the information of the communication to the third party server. So there is a call to the remote access portal.

To monitor the communication between browser and server, you could customize the tool.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 23, 2017 2:47 AM
  • Hi Sara,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually the tool we use is Wireshark to trace the communication between user browser and SP server.

And the remote access portal is another server in the n/w. I just want to check why if a call is made to sharepoint site why it is also made to remote access portal.

thanks,

sktemk

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:53 PM
  • Hi

which type of authentication do you use to access the resources. ?
    If it's about app authentication, the client machine send packets to SP server, and to access machine as well

Please check this documentation

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263199.aspx

authentication zone

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

• Edited by romeo donca Monday, January 23, 2017 11:19 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Hi,

It is the windows authentication that is used.

Also the remote access machine is also the webmail server. So I don't understand why for each page it is getting accessed.

Friday, January 27, 2017 4:05 AM
  • Hi sktemk,

If you use third party tool to trace the communication between user browser and SP server, there is another call to the remote access portal to update the information about the communication by third party tool.

And you also could ask it in Wireshark to get more information about the Wireshark.

https://www.wireshark.org/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:41 AM