none
How do i use a created webpartsite? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I have created a webpartsite, where i can have one webpart in the top and 3 in a row under the top webpart. But how do i use this webpartsite layout when i create a new site?
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 10:30 AM

Answers

•  

Hello,

As Mike said, it seems what you created is web part page.

If so, I understand your requirement as you want to make the web part page as your home page of every new site you will create in the future. If I misunderstand you please feel free to let me know.

You can do it within 2 steps:

1.       Open your site in Sharepoint designer. Copy your custom web part page from library to the root path. Then right click on the page and click “set as home page”.

2.       Go to site settings in UI. Save your site as a site template.

After that, you can create new site with the web part page as home page by choosing the new site template.

Hope that’s what you need.

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Monday, December 8, 2008 2:25 AM

All replies

• Are you sure that you have created a web part *site*?

It looks from your description that you have created a Web Part *page*
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 11:57 AM
  •  

Hello,

As Mike said, it seems what you created is web part page.

If so, I understand your requirement as you want to make the web part page as your home page of every new site you will create in the future. If I misunderstand you please feel free to let me know.

You can do it within 2 steps:

1.       Open your site in Sharepoint designer. Copy your custom web part page from library to the root path. Then right click on the page and click “set as home page”.

2.       Go to site settings in UI. Save your site as a site template.

After that, you can create new site with the web part page as home page by choosing the new site template.

Hope that’s what you need.

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Monday, December 8, 2008 2:25 AM