none
Excel 2010 printing 1 cell per page when resizing print

Question

• Every user in our IT department is having issues with Excel 2010 printing 1 cell per page when they do fit columns to page in printing options. 4 pages turns into 248 for one of the things we print. We can't seem to figure out why this is happening it worked fine with 2007.
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:01 PM

Answers

• Are you using a Toshiba printer?

There have been a number of such reports.  The fault is in the printer driver.  Try to get an updated printer driver from the manufacturer or else use a different printer.

Bill Manville. Excel MVP, Oxford, England. www.manville.org.uk
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:30 PM
  • Sorry, but I am not a printer expert.
    I suggest you contact Toshiba - the more people who do that, the more likely they are to fix the problem or come up with a workaround.
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:18 AM

All replies

• Are you using a Toshiba printer?

There have been a number of such reports.  The fault is in the printer driver.  Try to get an updated printer driver from the manufacturer or else use a different printer.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:30 PM
  • Actually yes it is a Toshiba 281c but it is the latest driver and using a different printer is not an option. Do you know if there is a generic type driver that will work? Like I know HP laserjet 4 drivers work for a lot of printers as generic drivers. Thanks
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:29 AM
  • Sorry, but I am not a printer expert.
    I suggest you contact Toshiba - the more people who do that, the more likely they are to fix the problem or come up with a workaround.
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

i am having a very similiart problem.

not using that printer... this happens even when i open a completly new worksheet

Monday, February 14, 2011 10:28 AM
  • What printer are you using?
    And Excel 2010?

With a completely new worksheet you would not normally be able to print anything.
    So how much data did you put in the worksheet before trying to print?
    What paper size is the printer set up to print to?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:16 AM
  • In the printer screen, select properties & change the paper source from "Auto" to the tray you wish to use.  Make these changes to the "Normal" profile to apply the changes to future worksheets.

Hope this helps

Iain MCP

Iain Theyers
    • Proposed as answer by iain_t Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by C-M Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:00 PM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:32 AM
  • In the printer screen, select properties & change the paper source from "Auto" to the tray you wish to use.  Make these changes to the "Normal" profile to apply the changes to future worksheets.

Hope this helps

Iain MCP

Iain Theyers

The original posted problem is answered in this question. Check the marked replies those answers are correct. This is a Toshiba printer driver issue. Turns out you can get around the problem by using a generic driver such as an hp laserjet driver. Problem with that is you lose other functionality.

As for any other new questions you should really start a new thread so if it is answered it is easier to find if others need to know about it.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:02 PM
  • Right I have the same problem here, only certain computers with that printer.  With the effected computers I am just haveing the user print to a different printer.  I haven't seen this problem for a while now but Bill is right changing the driver can work but can also bring down other working computers  "as far as printing all documents from all programs".  I would go with an updated driver from Toshiba first, if one exists.  If that is not an option, the other thing I have done in the past it to work with the copier company and put in a new and differnt modle # Nic.  I hope this helps! 

MD

• Edited by Mighty_D Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:20 PM
    Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:26 PM