none
How to migrate emails form Gmail to exchange? RRS feed

• Question

• I know this type of questions has been asked in past. The answer to this is through IMAP or any third party solution. But I am having a question with IMAP.

According to MS, it is not possible to migrate contacts, calendars, tasks. What is the solution for this? Every user need to migrate manually, Suppose there are 200 users in the organization every user manually take backup of their contacts and calendars?

Any other third party tools which are cost effective are available currently in market?

Any other thoughts on this?

Mihir

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Mihir,

This method only migrate the content under inbox and other folder to Office 365, they cannot migrate contacts, calendar items, or tasks. 

In your current situation, I recommend to use this method to migrate mailbox content first, then start to migrate other items by .PST file. Or, use PST file and migrate it to Office 365 directly (Importing an Un-Encrypted PST File into Office 365). 

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Mihir,

This method only migrate the content under inbox and other folder to Office 365, they cannot migrate contacts, calendar items, or tasks. 

In your current situation, I recommend to use this method to migrate mailbox content first, then start to migrate other items by .PST file. Or, use PST file and migrate it to Office 365 directly (Importing an Un-Encrypted PST File into Office 365). 

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:31 AM
  • Hi,

Any further help we can do for you?
    If it's solved, would you please post the solution here to share it with us? Thanks.
    Also, please free to mark the useful reply as answer. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:37 AM
  • If we do .PST file migration then there is a chance of looking into those emails by admins or whoever doing migration right!

Mihir

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:50 AM