none
Cannot open pdf on mobile device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a user trying to open a pdf document from our SharePoint 2013 portal (with an Office web apps server in the farm). He is receiving the following message: "Viewing of .pdf files has been disabled in Microsoft Word Mobile viewer". Any ideas of how this issue can be resolved? Is it a feature that needs to be turned on?

thanks,

Sherazad.

Sherazad

Monday, April 13, 2015 3:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sherazad,

For your issue , you need to enable Office Web Apps MobileView for PDF files:

Get-SPWOPIBinding -Action "MobileView" –Application "WordPDF" | Remove-SPWOPIBinding -Confirm:$false

New-SPWOPIBinding –ServerName "Server.corp.Contoso.com" -Action "MobileView" –Application "WordPDF" -AllowHTTP

For more information, you can refer to the blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_resource_kit/archive/2013/07/24/control-whether-pdfs-open-in-word-web-app-or-the-default-pdf-reader.aspx

Best Regards,

Eric

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:43 AM
  • Eric,

Do you know if this answer still valid?  When I try to run it I get "New-SPWOPIBinding has no input. The operation has been cancelled."  It seems that adding an -Action of "MobileView" is what causes the error to occur.  We're running into "viewing .pdf has been disabled in ms word mobile viewer" but it works on computers just fine.

We're up to date with the latest (December 2016) patching and updated on SharePoint and Office Web Apps servers.

Thanks!

--Noah

NHSharePointGuy

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:00 PM
  • Same question here--We can run "New-SPWOPIBinding" command normally, but get "has no input" error when adding "-Action MobileView" switch. Did you get your issue resolved? Thanks.
    Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:04 PM
  • Having the same issue - any resolution?  I don't want to run the remove command for all PDF/WordPDF because it also breaks preview/search, etc.. and requires even more configuration update.  Just trying to add back MobileView but getting the same error with New-SPWOPIBinding -Action "mobileview" –Application "WordPDF" -ServerName "server.xx.com"  Thanks.
    Friday, August 25, 2017 12:59 AM