none
Filter on list doesn't work for DATE is greater then or equal to [Today]+30 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Like I said in the title, I have a filter on list [custom list] doesn't work for DATE that is greater then or equal to [Today]+30.  No idea why it isn't working, i checked the date settings it is a date without time.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Hyde

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Hyde- I assume this is a calculated column? You can't use [today]. Create a new column defaulted to today's date and use that for your calculation.

cameron rautmann

Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:13 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.  No, its not a calculated column it is just a date column.

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

• Edited by Hyde_311 Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:26 PM added image
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:25 PM
  • You can't use it in that either. Same difference.

cameron rautmann

Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:35 PM
  • OK, how can I use it? I created a test column as a plain text field and added the default date and it still doesn't work.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:42 PM
  • Let's step back a little- what exactly are you trying to do? Please provide details on what you're trying to accomplish and exactly how you're going about it step by step. That way I can provide you with an answer that fits your exact needs.

cameron rautmann

Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:46 PM
  • I have a list that I need to filter based on a start date; if the date is [today]+30 days then the item should display, otherwise it shouldn't.

Thank you,
    Hyde

• Edited by Hyde_311 Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:51 PM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:51 PM
  • You should be able to do that with a view or is that what you are trying to do? Íf you set the filter to the view and select the StartDate "Is greter than"  and  [Today]+30 as the value, it should work fine.
    • Edited by AnttiL Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:03 PM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:00 PM
  • I am trying to do that with a filter on a view, it doesn't seem to want to work.  It just doesn't display anything and I have values that fall within the range for date.

Thanks,
    Hyde

Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:05 PM
  • Then create a date field "Todays Date" and have it defaulted to today's date. Then create "calculated column" per below:

=[Todays Date]+30
    Use that to base your view off of. You would set your view to only show items if [calculated column] >= 30.

cameron rautmann

Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:08 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.  When i make the calculated field a date field I get the following error when i save the view:

When i make the calculated field a text field nothing displays.

• Edited by Hyde_311 Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:20 PM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:19 PM
  • I don't think that you need the calculated field at all in this case. I just tested with this:

and it is working as expected. You have your filter set like that?

The "Estimated closing date" field in my case is a Date and Time field exactly as yours.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:34 PM
  • Yes, that is the first thing I tried.  I have a date field...

With the following filter on the list:

Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:42 PM
  • Thats weird... Looks just like mine. Only thing that comes to mind is that do you have your server's date and time set correctly? If you set a default to a date field to be [Today], does it display today's date?
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:56 PM
  • Hmm when I created a column and set the default date as today's date it doesn't fill the field even when I create a new item.  Should I call and exorcist and burn down the server?

Thursday, November 30, 2017 10:08 PM
  • Hi Hyde,

Please create a new web application and test it in a new site collection. Try to see if you can reproduce this issue and narrow down the issue.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 1, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi Everyone,

I tested it on a different web application within the same farm and got the same issue; just didn't display anything.  I am going to test it on a test farm next - didn't work there either.

Thanks,
    Hyde

• Edited by Hyde_311 Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:49 PM
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:47 PM