none
How to show additional field lookup column to SharePoint online add new form? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working in SharePoint online environment. I have created lookup column with additional field. But when I going to add new form, only visible lookup column. My problem is how to add additional field to the add new form.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Rukshan,

by default when you create Lookup Column with Additional fields, you will see only that field you have selected in this Column while creating column and other additional fields will be displayed accordingly when you select this lookup field

Abhijeet S. Thorat

If my post solves your problem could you mark the post as Answered or Vote As Helpful if my post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:07 AM
  • Hi Rukshan Darshana,

If you want to display the additional fields for the lookup field in the new item form, you can use an InfoPath form.

1. Customize the form using InfoPath by clicking on “Customize Form” on the ribbon.

2. Add text boxes in the form and make them read-only.

3. Right-click the text box and change its properties.

4. Set the default value for this field.

For example, I want to get the additional information “title” for the lookup field “city”.

Then the fields will automatically be populated with the data based on the value of lookup field.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:52 AM
  • Hi Rukshan Darshana,

How are things going?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

If you think the reply is helpful, please mark it as answer. It will help other users who meet the same issue in this forum.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:17 PM
  • Hi Linda,

As we have SharePoint 2013 foundation version so infopath will support on that.

Can you please suggest another way like with j-Query or designer?

Thanks

Ramakant Rathore

Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:51 AM