none
Download WcfDataServices56.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Today I tried to install Prerequisite installation for SharePoint 2016 and got bump into installation of WcfDataServices 5.6. Where could I find that thing? all download site from Microsoft point to 404

I searched using this keyword in google "wcfdataservices.exe"

https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjL85SH_9bkAhUd6nMBHU6IBBEQFjAAegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fdownload%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D39373&usg=AOvVaw0vp8CZZdwxVp5kUBGheA57

Here was direct link to wcf installation, it didn't exist anymore http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/C/A/1CAA41C7-88B9-42D6-9E11-3C655656DAB1/WcfDataServices.exe.

Anyone care to help me with this problem?

Ariwibawa

• Edited by Ariwibawa Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:29 AM added link description
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:22 AM

Answers

• Hi everyone, the WCF Data Services 5.6.0 RTM Tools Installer has now been restored to the Microsoft Download Center.  The SharePoint prerequisite installer should no longer fail to download these bits.  Note that the download landing page hasn't been republished so this download won't be searchable within the Microsoft Download Center.  You'll need to use the direct link to the bits or the FWLink that redirects to the bits.

Thanks again for reporting this issue to us and for your patience while we restored this download.

- Troy Starr [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Ariwibawa,

Try to open command windows as administrator and use prerequisiteinstaller.exe command to install the prerequisite and check if the issue exits.

More information check the article below:

SharePoint Server 2016 RTM: offline installation

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:17 AM
  • I'm not sure you understand my question. I was looking for wcfdataservice56.exe installation, all of google link to those files were going into 404 (page not found).

Anyway here's the screen when I run that prerequisiteinstaller.exe from administrator command prompt.

Here's another screen showing you what happened when I clicked on the link from google

Another screen where I tried to download those WCF file from link in offline installer.

Ariwibawa

• Edited by Ariwibawa Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:40 AM moreee picture
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi Ariwibawa,

I also cannot download the WCF file from the official download link.

I would suggest to raise a Microsoft Support ticket and work with them, they might be able to help you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:56 AM
  • Hi Grace,

got the same issue here.
    Microsoft Support rejected our support request and redirected us to TechNet. Could you please provide an alternative link?

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Same problem here. Only found WCF 5.0 which is NOT sufficient to install SharePoint 2019!
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:24 PM
  • Hi everyone, thanks for reporting this issue to us.  We've confirmed that this download was removed from the Microsoft Download Center and are following up with them to get it restored.  I don't have an ETA at this time but rest assured we understand the impact this has on installing SharePoint and how important it is to get it restored ASAP.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

- Troy Starr [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:52 PM
  • Hi everyone, the WCF Data Services 5.6.0 RTM Tools Installer has now been restored to the Microsoft Download Center.  The SharePoint prerequisite installer should no longer fail to download these bits.  Note that the download landing page hasn't been republished so this download won't be searchable within the Microsoft Download Center.  You'll need to use the direct link to the bits or the FWLink that redirects to the bits.

Thanks again for reporting this issue to us and for your patience while we restored this download.

- Troy Starr [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:14 PM
  • Hi Ariwibawa,

If the post helps you, you can mark the post form Troy as answer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:14 AM