none
Copying attachments outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• When I receive and email with some files enclosed and I need to copy some of these files (not all) into another email, I used to copy selected files using CTRL key but I cannot do it with Outlook 2016. I just can save all the files or copy them individually.

Is there any option that is blocking me this possibility or is not possible in this version of Outlook?

Thks!!

Monday, November 9, 2015 11:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I tested in Outlook 2013, yes we can select the attachments we need by CTRL + Click, then copy and paste them to a new email.

However, I can confirm the same way doesn't work in Outlook 2016. We can't select multiple attachments from an email, instead we have to save the attachments to local and select the ones we need to a new email.

As it is by design, I don't have much to suggest right now. I've submitted the feedback about this, please be assured that any improvements in the product are based on users' requirements. Our developers strive to capture Microsoft users' ideas and are working hard to create a more powerful and easy-to-use product.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Nacho_ch Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:47 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested in Outlook 2013, yes we can select the attachments we need by CTRL + Click, then copy and paste them to a new email.

However, I can confirm the same way doesn't work in Outlook 2016. We can't select multiple attachments from an email, instead we have to save the attachments to local and select the ones we need to a new email.

As it is by design, I don't have much to suggest right now. I've submitted the feedback about this, please be assured that any improvements in the product are based on users' requirements. Our developers strive to capture Microsoft users' ideas and are working hard to create a more powerful and easy-to-use product.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Nacho_ch Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:47 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:02 AM
  • Thank you for your answers!
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:47 AM
  • I've been fighting a similar problem.  CNTL-C doesn't always work on attachments.  I thought it might be a keyboard issue, but have the same issue on my new laptop.  You might try turning off file preview if you have it on (a good security precaution anyway).  That made it better for me, but did not eliminate the problem.  I've resorted to either Saving All Attachments or mashing CNTL-C 5 or 6 times before attempting to paste.  A kludge for sure...
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 10:54 PM
  • I am using Office 2016 as part of Office 365 and it works still.

And it works directly in the email

Version Information

Friday, June 1, 2018 12:40 AM