none
Relocating InfoPath Form records (unapproved), could they stay in the pending state during and after the move? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to move unapproved infopath from records from Site A to Site B. Site B already has a Form library that contains the same columns and I will make sure "require content approval" is turned on. The reason we kept the forms unapproved is because we want to only have the admin able to see everyone's submission, other users cannot see each others'.

If I were to move the forms directly from OWE (open with explorer) and drag files over, would they stay "unapproved/pending" so that only admin and the original author sees it? Or they will be treated as published copies and visible to all? If latter, what are my options in this situation where I need to relocate these "pending" items?

Friday, May 25, 2018 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi PCHS007,

If Content Approval also is enabled in the target form library of the target site, after you move the pending items via Open With Explorer, the items will be pending in the target form library.

In addition, you can also use Content And Structure feature to move items.

More information about Content and Structure feature, you can refer to:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/472cc1/content-and-structure-in-sharepoint-2013/

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by PCHS007 Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:44 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2018 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi PCHS007,

If Content Approval also is enabled in the target form library of the target site, after you move the pending items via Open With Explorer, the items will be pending in the target form library.

In addition, you can also use Content And Structure feature to move items.

More information about Content and Structure feature, you can refer to:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/472cc1/content-and-structure-in-sharepoint-2013/

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by PCHS007 Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:44 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2018 9:59 AM
  • Thanks Wendy,

I have followed your suggestion and successfully moved the records with pending status. Thank you.

One follow up question, after the move, there is one empty folder got created during the move automatically called "Form", it contains nothing in it. Within it, there are only these columns set up like what the records have, but nothing in it. Any insights as to why this empty folder got created and is it okay to delete it?

Thank you!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:53 PM
  • Hi PCHS007,

SharePoint library has a hidden folder called ‘forms’ where the templates and system forms(.ASPX files) like allitems.aspx, editform.aspx, dispform.aspx etc are stored. This folder is not usually visible. It is a hidden folder. If any user has ‘show hidden files and folders’ enabled in windows explorer, forms folder is visible for them.

If you delete the folder, it may cause some issues about the above such task. So, I don't suggest you delete it.

Thanks,

Wendy

Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:57 AM