none
SharePoint iOS App - Sign in failed the SharePoint server is using an untrusted SSL certificate??? It's already installed with DigiCert Rapid SSL. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I was deploying SharePoint Server 2016 for my company. Everything is running smoothly, all user can access the SharePoint via PC, Laptop, and Android except via SharePoint App for iOS 11.3 it's always throwing "Sign in failed". But if running from Safari, it's running normal.

At the first investigation, I though the issue is related to selfsigned cert. So I decided to buy DigiCert Rapid SSL. I configured the SSL and binding it to 443 port. all user can access the SharePoint via PC, Laptop, and Android except via SharePoint App for iOS 11.3 it's continue throwing "Sign in failed" but now with different reason "The SharePoint Server is using an untrusted SSL certificate" but hey... the server is using Public SSL from DigiCert Rapid SSL!!!

I tried to troubleshoot the issue but still not resolved. Anyone experience this issue?

Is there any solid workaround for this issue?

Thank you.

Friday, April 27, 2018 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that the issue is caused by client side.

Do other versions of IOS have this issue?

It’s hard to figure out the cause depend on “Sign in failed” error message. I suggest you monitor the sign in process via Fiddler tool, which would tell you more information.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 8:56 AM