none
Lync and Avaya OneX Mobile both show presence RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone done it where lync and avaya onex portal/mobile can both show presence? Currently Lync is showing presence, but we would like for both applications to be able to show presence. Anyone managed to do this, and how?
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:12 AM

All replies

• As I know, there’re some integration benefits between Avaya on-X Portal and Office Communicator 2007/Office Communications Server 2007, such as aggregated presence including Office Communications Server 2007, click-to-IM via Office Communicator.

If you want to integrate an Avaya S8300 Communications Manager with Microsoft Lync Server 2010, you need to establish a Direct SIP connection between the two. This document provides a step-by-step guide for configuring Avaya Communications Manager S8300 with Lync Server 2010. Hope it is useful.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:43 PM
  • I've got my avaya tech checking this document now. I'm not sure if it will work only because we are running Avaya IP Office and OneX Portal. But maybe there will be something good in the document. I will update on what we find.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:03 PM
  • Yes the document is for a Enterprise Avaya product and we are using IP Office.
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Did you ever get this working?  I'm interested in doing the same - so that Lync (Skype for Business) will show "On a Call" when someone is using their desk IP Office phone..  I think it may have something to do with XMPP thru OneX??
    Friday, January 6, 2017 12:53 PM