none
Skype App users adding Lync Contacts - Has anyone got this to work? RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have just got our PIC provisioning sorted and are starting to test use with the various Skype clients.

Lync users adding Skype contacts seems to work exactly as it is supposed to on the couple of clients we have tested so far (full Skype desktop, Skype App on Windows 8 RT).

I have noticed that we are unable to add a Lync contact from the Skype App on Windows 8 RT but we can if we use the full desktop program installed on Windows 7.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these problems and has found a solution and also if there is a list somewhere that says what works and what doesn't as far as the various Skype clients that are out there just so it is possible to figure out how viable this actually is?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Darren

Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:02 PM

All replies

• Darren,

Don't consider me an expert on this but I recall seeing a post/internal thread that noted the Skype Metro application doesn't support adding Lync user.  I tried it on my workstation and had the same issue.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Brynteson, Avtex, Lync MCM, Blog - www.masteringlync.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:18 AM
  • Richard,

Thanks for the info. Got to admit that is kind of disappointing to hear as Skype/Microsoft don't exactly make it obvious that you can install the desktop version of Skype on Windows 8 opting to push Win 8 users to the App instead.

Hopefully it will be something that will be solved before too long (hopefully before they get round to adding Video).

Thanks again.

Darren

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:51 AM