Failed to notify source server '' about the local truncation point. Hresult: 0xc8000713 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all

I have a strange problema with my Exchange 2013, when I try to add a copy of the database, I receive this error:

8864 w3wp#MSExchangeECPAppPool 
       00:00:00.0090058
       Ver todo el bosque: 'True', Configuración del controlador de dominio: "ADIL01.domain.com.mx", Catálogo global preferido: "ADIL01.domain.com.mx", Controladores de dominio preferidos: "{ ADIL01.domain.com.mx }"
       Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.SeedInProgressException: Se produjo un error en la operación de propagación: An error occurred while performing the seed operation. Error: Failed to notify source server 'EXCH-IL03.domain.com.mx' about the local truncation point. Hresult: 0xc8000713. Error: Unable to find the file. ---> Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.FailedToNotifySourceLogTruncException: Failed to notify source server 'EXCH-IL03.domain.com.mx' about the local truncation point. Hresult: 0xc8000713. Error: Unable to find the file. at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.LogShipContextWrapper.Notify(Int64 lgenReplicated, Int64& lgenLowestRequiredGlobally) at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.LogTruncater.RequestGlobalTruncationCoordination(Int64 localTruncationPoint, String sourceMachineFqdn, String localNodeName, Guid identityGuid, String logPrefix, String destLogPath, Boolean circularLogging, ManualOneShotEvent cancelEvent) at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.DatabaseSeederInstance.ManageLogTruncation() at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.DatabaseSeederInstance.SeedThreadProcInternal() --- End of inner exception stack trace (Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.FailedToNotifySourceLogTruncException) --- at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.SeederInstanceBase.LogError(Exception ex) at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.DatabaseSeederInstance.SeedThreadProcInternal() at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Cluster.HaRpcExceptionWrapperBase`2.RunRpcServerOperation(String databaseName, RpcServerOperation rpcOperation) --- End of stack trace on server (EXCH-IL04.domain.com.mx) --- at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ThrowError(Exception exception, ErrorCategory errorCategory, Object target, String helpUrl) at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.WriteError(Exception exception, ErrorCategory category, Object target) at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.SeedProgressReporter.HandleError() at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.SeedProgressReporter.MonitorProgress() at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.TaskSeeder.SeedDatabase() at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.AddDatabaseCopyTaskBase`1.SeedDatabase(ReplayConfiguration config) at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.AddDatabaseCopyTaskBase`1.PerformSeedIfNecessary() at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.AddMailboxDatabaseCopy.InternalProcessRecord() at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.<ProcessRecord>b__b() at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.InvokeRetryableFunc(String funcName, Action func, Boolean terminatePipelineIfFailed)
       Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.FailedToNotifySourceLogTruncException: Failed to notify source server 'EXCH-IL03.domain.com.mx' about the local truncation point. Hresult: 0xc8000713. Error: Unable to find the file. at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.LogShipContextWrapper.Notify(Int64 lgenReplicated, Int64& lgenLowestRequiredGlobally) at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.LogTruncater.RequestGlobalTruncationCoordination(Int64 localTruncationPoint, String sourceMachineFqdn, String localNodeName, Guid identityGuid, String logPrefix, String destLogPath, Boolean circularLogging, ManualOneShotEvent cancelEvent) at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.DatabaseSeederInstance.ManageLogTruncation() at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.DatabaseSeederInstance.SeedThreadProcInternal()
       Ex4543D9 
       False 
       0 objects execution has been proxied to remote server. 
       ActivityId: 9655c63d-c0aa-410e-b896-55a1fa5540f7
       ServicePlan:;IsAdmin:True; 
       es-MX

I try: http://blog.dargel.at/2014/10/09/error-0xc8000713-unable-to-find-the-file-when-trying-to-replicate-db-in-dag/ but all the database are in clean shutdown.

May be: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795725.aspx

But I created the "REG_EXPAND_SZ" with"Disable Exchange Writer" value: 0, restarted the "MS Exchange Information Store" and still does not appear 'Microsoft Exchange Writer'.

The second server has just installed with Windows 2012 R2, Exchange 2013 CU6 and all the last patchs until last week.Any suggestion? thanks in advance

Doc MX

Monday, December 8, 2014 5:09 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

For the problematic active database just do like this .

1.Please dismount the active database first.

2.Please check the database is in the clean shutdown with the help of eseutil tool by using the parameter eseutil /mh "path of the database"

3.Then move all the log files to the separate location.

4.Then mount the database and it will create the fresh log files.

5.Then try to add the passive copy on anyone of your mailbox server in DAG.

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

• Marked as answer by DocMX Monday, December 8, 2014 1:37 PM
    Monday, December 8, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Once you have the second copy added you can enable circular logging.
    Monday, December 8, 2014 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

For the problematic active database just do like this .

1.Please dismount the active database first.

2.Please check the database is in the clean shutdown with the help of eseutil tool by using the parameter eseutil /mh "path of the database"

3.Then move all the log files to the separate location.

4.Then mount the database and it will create the fresh log files.

5.Then try to add the passive copy on anyone of your mailbox server in DAG.

• Marked as answer by DocMX Monday, December 8, 2014 1:37 PM
    Monday, December 8, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Yes this Works!! at least for the first db that I did this, I'll do this with the others.

Another question about this:

I have to disable circular logging in the db to form the copy, after the copy, can I enable again the circular logging? because we have some problems with the backup system.

thanks a lot!!

Doc MX

Monday, December 8, 2014 1:32 PM
  • Hi ,

Based on my knowledge what i would suggest is , Enabling the circular logging on the production database is not at all an advisable method because in worst cases we would have to face some problems during the database restoration while performing the recovery.

Monday, December 8, 2014 1:44 PM
  • Ok I understand, so we have to fix the problema with the backup asap.

If you let me, this is the last question:

We have 3 DB, this are the hard disk sizes:

• usr01 - 16GB
    • usr02 - 46GB
    • VIP01 - 130 GB

The Hard Disk of the logs is around 111 GB... I saw when I made the first copy for the usr01 database, in the second server the logs occupied a round 17 GB.... I think for the VIP DB the space in the logs will be a big problem.... is there a workaround to make the first copy and avoid required in the hard disk for the logs available space more than the database size?

Because to make the first copy, the system ask me to disable the circular logging..

Thank you!!

Doc MX

Monday, December 8, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Once you have the second copy added you can enable circular logging.
    Monday, December 8, 2014 5:41 PM
  • Hi Nithyanandham,

I have same problem when trying to update mailbox database copy, please guide me the things to do at step 3 : "Then move all the log files to the separate location"
    Are log files : E00000xxxx.log in Mailbox Database folder ? and move them to ?
    How about other files and folder ? .chk , inspector , incseedInspect , IgnoredLogs , AC96EF94-044E-446B-B5DE-2F6797F63FEA12.2.Single

Monday, March 7, 2016 7:45 AM
  • Thank you, It worked on Exchange 2016 too.

Kishore Bitra

Friday, July 10, 2020 10:03 PM