none
SharePoint List RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. We have a basic SharePoint list containing employees details, nothing complex - simple list with: name, phone number and location etc...

Now, when a user searches the list it filters and shows the specific users details they searched for, all good so far! However, if the person who performed the search leaves the list in the filtered state then comes back to some time later to perform a new search the list just hangs, and does not filter. The user has to refresh the web page to resolve the issue.

It's really annoying as they have to keep refresh the web page to reset the list. Is this expected behaviour?

Many thanks

Kieran

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Narocroc,

It is not the case. I would just like to make it clear that search is performed based on the filtered item present in the view. "By some time later" can you please specify an approximate time, so that i can try replicating the issue?

Ramakrishnan

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hi Ramakrishnan,<o:p></o:p>

There does not seem to be a specific time, I seen it happen after 15 minutes, but also seen it taken a lot longer long to occur. <o:p></o:p>

Maybe an issue with the web page timing out, so when a user comes page to the they need refresh the page contents. 

<o:p style="">I will try and replicate again today and send a print screen.</o:p>

Monday, March 5, 2018 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

The cause could be the token timeout. Refresh page would make the session active.

To identify the root cause, you can use Fiddler to trace.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:11 AM