none
Lync Control Panel not opening RRS feed

• Question

• In our new deployment of Lync Server 2010, the Control Panel will now not open (where it did previously).  The error message we are getting is as follows:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Module IIS Web Core
    Notification MapRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070002
    Requested URL https://archimedes.gad.geomagic.com:443/Cscp
    Physical Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Web Components\External Website\Cscp
    Logon Method Anonymous
    Logon User Anonymous

In IIS, the Cscp virtual directory does not appear in Lync Server Internal Website, and there is no C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Web Components\External Website\Cscp directory.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:58 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the replies all, and sorry for my late reply.  I wound up contacting Microsoft support, and they indicated that the issue was with another application installed on the server that uses IIS.  I was told that Lync Server 2010 is not supported on the same machine as another IIS-dependent application.  That being the case, we wound up uinstalling Lync Server 2010 and placing it on another server.  Since the reinstall, there have been no issues with the Lync Control Panel opening.

Cheers,

Duncan

• Marked as answer by GeoMan001 Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Few questions here;

1. Was there any changes on Lync environment recent past ?
    2. Is your account part of CSAdministrator group ?
    3. Are you able to see lync control pannel virtual directory under default IIS website ?

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:50 PM
  • Saleesh,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Yesterday we applied an SSL certificate, and applied available updates to Lync server.

2. Yes

3. The Lync Control Panel does NOT show under default IIS website

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:56 PM
  • I am not sure , how the website got removed.

As virtual directory is missing under IIS website , I would suggest you to run FE server setup componets on that machine once again. Once FE componets are installed , you should be able to see website corresponding to Lync control pannel.

Restart the services once installation is completed and check the access.

If it is a production machine, you may need to plan this operation on maintanence window.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:14 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest referring to the following steps to test the issue:

1. Click Administrative Tools and Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

2. Expand the node containing your Lync server in the tree on the left

3. Click on "Sites" below your server name in the tree.

4. In the middle panel, right click on "Lync Server External Website" and select "Binding"

5. Select the https line and click "Edit"

6. Make sure the right certificate is assigned (in my case no certificate was assigned)

7. In the middle panel, right click on "Lync Server Internal Website" and select "Binding"

8. Repeat the steps 5 and 6 for the internal website.

Regards,

Kent

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:57 AM
  • Hi GeoMan001,

Any updates here?

If you have fixed the issue please kindly share us the solution.

Regards,

Kent

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 9:03 AM
  • Thanks for the replies all, and sorry for my late reply.  I wound up contacting Microsoft support, and they indicated that the issue was with another application installed on the server that uses IIS.  I was told that Lync Server 2010 is not supported on the same machine as another IIS-dependent application.  That being the case, we wound up uinstalling Lync Server 2010 and placing it on another server.  Since the reinstall, there have been no issues with the Lync Control Panel opening.

Cheers,

Duncan

• Marked as answer by GeoMan001 Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:25 PM