none
ERROR 1935 An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {66332652-9C28-58B1-A01F-C8B3B9A1E8E}. HRESULT: 0X80073712

Question

• Dear friends ,

Below is the error message we are observing recently while opening Office 2007 components like excel or Power point, Word .

ERROR 1935  An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {66332652-9C28-58B1-A01F-C8B3B9A1E8E}. HRESULT: 0X80073712

This is a HP DV7 laptop which came with Windows Vista and then upgraded with WIN7 32 bit on top of it.

Office was working fine for the past one year and all of a sudden I am seeing this issues. This is Office 2007 Enterprise version.

I removed .Netframe 4 and re installed still but still has the issues.I am unable to reinstall the Office 2007.

It also had office Home and Student pre installed in it all through the year. I read in some  forums that it should not be there. I removed both office home and student and also my office enterprise 2007 and tried to reinstall 0ffice 2007 enterprise but the same problem came up ( error 1935)

I had also tested it by CC cleaner and nothing happened.

I got the below updates from forums but nothing worked.

Sol1 :

Restart the computer in Windows Safe mode by following the steps given in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

In Windows Safe mode open the following location:

C:\Windows
    Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to SoftwareDistribution.old

Close all the windows then click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run > Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press Enter.

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\

Restart the computer then try to install Office and check if it installs.

Sol2:

Goto Start-> All programs-> Accessories-> run-> type "regsvr32 mscoree.dll" (without quotes)

You should get a message " DllRegisterServer in mscoree.dII succeeded."

Once this is done try to repair office and check the status.

Sol3:

Try turn off the “msiservice”  run the Office application again.

or else run the below patch 

Download the KB947821 .

Can you please guide me in this matter ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers

Ram ( Bobby)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Ram,

Please try to turn off your Anti-Virus applications, and run the setup again.

If that won't work for you, tyr the following methods:

Method 1: Check system files

Using the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan for system files:

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. 
    2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

Note: The sfc /scannow command scans all system files and will recover the corrupted ones. 

Method 2: Repair .NET by commands

1. Click Start > Search, type command Prompt and locate Command Prompt. Right click it and choose Run as administrator.
    2. Type or copy the following command and press Enter: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe update

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Ram,

Please try to turn off your Anti-Virus applications, and run the setup again.

If that won't work for you, tyr the following methods:

Method 1: Check system files

Using the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan for system files:

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. 
    2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

Note: The sfc /scannow command scans all system files and will recover the corrupted ones. 

Method 2: Repair .NET by commands

1. Click Start > Search, type command Prompt and locate Command Prompt. Right click it and choose Run as administrator.
    2. Type or copy the following command and press Enter: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe update

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 5:07 AM
  • Hi,

This error occurs when the Microsoft .Net framework is either damaged or missing.

There are three methods which you will be able to use. "Repair the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 installation" or "Install the .NET Framework version 2.0" or "Reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1". You will want to choose the method which is most appropriate. I will show you how to do all three.

To Repair the Microsoft .Net Framework version 2.0 installation, you will want to
                1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
                2. Under Currently Installed Programs, click Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0, and choose change/remove.
                3. Click Repair > Next.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/trying-to-install-the-microsoft-office-academic/07ad06bc-4f7b-e011-9b4b-68b599b31bf5

Microsoft Office 2010
    Monday, May 30, 2011 4:53 AM