none
Add comment webpart as in blog RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I accidentally deleted post comment webpart in post.aspx (blog). How to add the same view as below?

Thank You.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You may apply following steps to add back your “Comments” web part

1. Create a new Blog site, open this site in SharePoint Designer.

2. In SharePoint Designer, open File > Page > Open > Lists > Posts > post.aspx.

3. Copy the full XSLT code of “Comments” web part.

4. Go back to the blog site where you deleted the comment web part, find the Comments list guid (specific method refer to https://nickgrattan.wordpress.com/2008/04/29/finding-the-id-guid-for-a-sharepoint-list/).

5. change the “ListName” and “ListId” properties in your copied code to the list guid you just found.

6. Open the blog site where you deleted the comment web part in SharePoint Designer, and then open post.aspx (similar action as step 2).

7. place the copied XSLT right after “Posts” web part on the page. Save and close.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 27, 2018 8:44 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on your issue? I am willing to hear from you.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:51 AM
  • Hi Allen,

I got Web Part Error: Unknown server tag. Correlation ID: XXXXXXXX. I have no idea from which tag to tag to copy?

You gave the idea how to find ListName and ListId , but I found there are 3 ids: 

1. ViewGuid id
    2. ListName id 
    3. ListId id

Where to get ViewGuid id?

Is there any other solution? Like Copy and Paste  or Add new web part :) 

Thank You.

Monday, September 24, 2018 9:33 AM
  • Hi Ameenah,

For getting view ID, you can refer to below article:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/f0153fd7-94ae-48f7-83f1-3b1a59de5229/add-comment-webpart-as-in-blog?forum=sharepointadmin

I have done a test in my environment, copy/paste/add a new web part all cannot add back the “Comments” web part.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

• Marked as answer by Ameenah Monday, October 22, 2018 7:21 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2018 9:44 AM
  • Thank You so much.

After a few months I managed to fix the issue based on your feedback.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:01 AM