none
Memory corruption issue on certificates mmc snap-in RRS feed

• Question

• -open mmc.exe and import the certificates snap in two times (user and computer)
    -open the "Personal Certificates"->"Certificates" Folder
    -Then click on "All Tasks" -> "Import..."  -> Next -> Browse
    -Open the file type ComboBox

Some random (chinese?) characters appear.

Windows 10 Enterprise 1607
    Build 14393.970

Friday, March 31, 2017 8:40 AM

All replies

• Open start and search for Feedback and open Feedback Hub and report this issue?

Try update your Windows and run a full system scan.

Sunday, April 2, 2017 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

Try to use sfc /scannow or DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to repair system files.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 7:00 AM
  • I cannot use Feedback Hub as it is blocked by a GPO. Why can't you provide a feedback option without having to use this app?
    Monday, April 3, 2017 7:27 AM
  • This is a BUG in windows. I can reproduce it on multiple different machines.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 7:28 AM
  • On my 1607 machines, the function of Certificates MMC Snap-in is normal, I don’t see any strange characters. Please upload a screenshot in your reply to show me the exact issue message. I am Chinese and I can read Chinese characters(if it is), detailed issue message can be helpful to deal with problem. Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 8:58 AM
  • Monday, April 3, 2017 11:22 AM
  • It happens only when you have the Snap-In imported TWO times (user and computer)

Monday, April 3, 2017 11:24 AM
  • These characters are not Chinese, neither can I make out them.

In my opinion, it seems that there are some trouble on your mmc Console, you can try to repair system files to see the result, if no help, restore system to the previous version(such as 14393.953).

Besides, please tell me the display language of your computer, maybe some information will display abnormally under your language.

Regards

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:23 AM

• Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:23 AM
  • The display language is german. And it really looks like memory corruption as the characters are different each time I reproduce this.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:20 AM
  • The same happens on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 14393.969
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Same happens on Windows 10 1703 15063.13.
    Friday, April 7, 2017 11:33 AM