OCS federation presence issue RRS feed

• Question

• My Client is federating with a partner company and is able to IM back and forth without issues.  However my client cannot see presence of their federated partner OCS users, but the federated partner users can see their presence.

I used the logging tool on verbose to review for any issues, but I see no errors.  Also I do see the NOTIFY entries when the federated partner changes their presence.  Any thoughts?

Environment info: Client is running all OCS 2007 R2 roles on Windows Server 2008 R2 and have applied the required OCS patches to run on Win2008R2. 

Friday, July 16, 2010 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike ,

It seems to be your ABS Error on the other site I mean federated site so kinldly check that you can brows their https://ocsserver.company.com/abs/ext folder and if no then check that what is the issue there.

I hope you will get done with this.

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007/2010, M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008, M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2, Phone: +923008210320
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 8:22 AM
  • I typically see this when the Edge Server settings are incorrectly configured in AD.  This causes a problem where presence information hand-off fails between the Edge server and Front-End server.  Double-check all of the Federation and Edge Server related settings throughout the Global, Pool, and Server properties in the Management console.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 1:26 PM
  • Thanks for the responses.  I was out last week on vacation and I'm just now posting an update:

It turned out that a few hours after my post, the issue was gone and presence for federated partner is working fine in both directions.  However, I'm not sure why there was a delay between the time I setup the federated partner and restarted all of the Edge services.  Everything worked right away except for the OCS users being able to see the federated partner's presence.  And there weren't any changes that would have fixed this issue.

• Proposed as answer by Shafaquat Ali Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:54 PM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:35 PM