none
WSManagement service cannot process the request RRS feed

• Question

• I get the below error while connecting to a local exchange server via powershell.

can any provide any further details on the error?

WsMan-MultipleClientMessages. The WSManagement service cannot process the request

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you connect to the Exchange server?

Here is a recommended method to create a remote PowerShell session to an Exchange server: Connect to Exchange servers using remote PowerShell

The following commands will be used:

$UserCredential = Get-Credential $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://<ServerFQDN>/PowerShell/ -Authentication Kerberos -Credential $UserCredential Import-PSSession $Session -DisableNameChecking Remove-PSSession $Session

Please provide more details about your issue. What commands did you use when this error occurs? If it's convenient for you, you can post the screenshot here, but please don't forget to cover your personal information.

You can check the Event Viewer for any related event logs.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 4:32 AM
  • Hi Lydia,

I get the error when i try to connect to the local exchange server from the Veeam Office 365 backup application, but only from a 2019 server using a 2016 server it works fine.

I can connect using powershell directly from the 2019 and 2016 servers. i just can't find any more information on the error to research any further.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

What does "from a 2019 server using a 2016 server" mean? What's the detailed version of your Exchange server?

Did you contact with provider of Veeam Backup as well? It seems that this third-party tool works for Exchange Online instead of on-premises Exchange servers. You should contact with them to check the configuration of Veeam Office 365 backup application, and make sure if there are some requirements that will make the application work well with the Exchange server.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:42 AM
  • Hi Lydia

If i have the backup software installed on a windows 2016 server it connects to the local exchange server without issue, but if the software is installed on a windows 2019 server i get the above error.

I have logged a ticket with the vendor and they are resolving the issue but they asked if I could ask Microsoft if they could provide any further details on the error message as they hadn't seen it before.

regards

Adrian

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

Did you use above commands in Windows PowerShell to create a remote PowerShell session?

Which command did you use when you get the error? If it's convenient for you, you can post the screenshot here, and please don't forget to cover your personal information.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Monday, July 22, 2019 10:07 AM
  • Is there any update on this thread?

If you have something to share, you are welcomed to post back.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:58 AM