none
"An unexpected error has occurred" RRS feed

• Question

• Our SharePoint 2007 server farm (1 Web front server with forefront, 1 application server and 1 database server SQL Server 2005 ) was working fine, but today we found that some site are not working, after search more we found all those pages that are not published give following error to other user, I get same error on my site too!

Error :
    An unexpected error has occurred.

Event Log on Web Front Server:

Failure during sweep synch.  Exception was The 'field' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'fie'. Line 1, position 1361..
    Event ID : 5554
    Task Category : User Profile

Event Log on Application Server:

Application Server Administration job failed for service instance Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance (e0dfe5dd-c34b-4191-8492-3ad1088c86b6).

Reason: The 'field' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'fie'. Line 1, position 1361.

Techinal Support Details:
    System.Xml.XmlException: The 'field' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'fie'. Line 1, position 1361.
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.SynchronizeDefaultContentSource(IDictionary applications)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.Synchronize()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ApplicationServerJob.ProvisionLocalSharedServiceInstances(Boolean isAdministrationServiceJob)

Event ID:  6482
    Task Category :  Office Server Shared Services

Event Log on Database Server

Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\ADMINUSERID'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

Event ID: 18456
    Task Category :  (4)
    shoaib Hasan.
    • Edited by Shoaib Hasan__ Monday, March 16, 2009 6:21 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, March 16, 2009 9:48 AM Excalmation marks removed and quotes added to subject
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:03 AM

All replies

• Interesting --

I'm not certain they are related.  Are you using an external datasource (BDC) to pull in profile information?  (I'm trying to figure out where you could have that invalid XML, a typo on the closing tag maybe...)

Can you also ensure the database account has appropriate permissions and no passwords have expired?

You can try logging into this database via SQL Management Studio from the Web Front End using that username, or any other methods of verifying the login.
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 8:24 PM
  • First Thanks for your reply.

I found these longs on same time whenever I get error, so I think it is related. We are not using any BDC yet and pages do not have any custom web parts.

Another Interesting thing, user that have only have read access can see old version of unpublished page but I get error when I try to open it with admin Account! (Same account that found in Database server event log). But My site is not working for both Admin or visitor accounts.

Yes admin account has full permissions and password is not expired. And I can login with SQL Management Studio or through Connection string using ADO .NET.
    shoaib Hasan.
    Monday, March 16, 2009 4:36 AM
  • Any help plz!
    shoaib Hasan.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:44 AM