none
Excel - Big gap appears between the formula bar and the cell headers RRS feed

• Question

• Morning All,

I have a user that is seeing a big gap appearing between the formula bar and the cells headers in Excel. Can anyone resolve this? I have looked in many places.

Many Thanks,

James

Friday, July 5, 2019 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

Did this problem appear in all Excel Workbooks or specific file?

I suggest you open Excel in safe mode: Press Win + R, type " excel /safe" in the blank box, press Enter. If it works fine in safe mode, please check the add-ins in your excel and disable them.

If this problem still existed, please go to this location:

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel

Delete all files and folders in the location and then re-start Excel.

You can also try to repair Office:

https://support.office.com/en-US/Article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Please provide more information about this problem, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, July 8, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi Emi,

I have followed your advise and safe mode does not seem to help. But I have found something interesting.

If the user opens the file directly from the folder in the Windows Explorer it opens with the big gap. If they open it within the excel application it opens normally.

I am going to try and repair the installation tomorrow when the users available.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Try to uninstall Office completely from PC, you can refer to this article and try the option 2 to use Office tool:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 9:25 AM