none
Outlook 2016 Saving duplicate attachments in Windows Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• When a user copies attachments from Outlook 2016 to a folder on the server the attachment gets pasted twice (Duplicated).
    e.g. atttachment.pdf, atttachment(1).pdf
    This is happening on Outlook 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote desktop server.
    The server has multiple users and it is only happening on one users profile.
    This happens on all attachments. I occurs when items are copied using Ctrl + V and mouse clicks.

Copy and paste appear to be working fine on other MS Office products such as word and Excel. (I have checked the mouse buttons and have tried this other mice)
    I have recreated the mail profile several times, Repaired office, installed all updates, deleted items in the OLK folder and also changed the location of the OLK folder to folder that already exists and that the user has full permissions on, deleted the users windows profile from system with no luck.

I'm hoping someone can shed light on this before I completely recreate the user's mailbox.

• Edited by 67Blackout Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:50 PM
    Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Is it only the 1 user? Does the same thing happen from OWA?

Can you login to another server that has office on and test the same?

Monday, November 14, 2016 4:30 AM
  • Hi,

I understand the issue only occurs on one specific user.
    Please follow above response to confirm if the issue persists on OWA.

Regarding the issue, the issue may be related to Outlook profile or Windows profile. 
    Please also login on the user’s mailbox on another normal machine for a test.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 5:58 AM
  • Hi David,

This does not happen in OWA, only one copy of the attachment is downloaded. I've tried this in IE11, Chrome and Firefox.

I've deleted and recreated the Outlook profile several times on the user's session. I've also deleted the user's Windows Profile on the server (Deleted it from the User Profiles section in System Properties).

I've also created the mailbox on two other separate PCs that have Outlook 2016. The issue still occurs

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Hi Edward,

This does not happen in OWA, only one copy of the attachment is downloaded. I've tried this in IE11, Chrome and Firefox.

I've also created the mailbox on two other separate PCs that have Outlook 2016. The issue still occurs.

I'm going to try it on Office 2013 and 2010 next to see if the issue still persists.

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue when trying it on outlook 2013 and 2010?

As the issue doesn't occur on OWA, we can narrow down the issue to outlook side.

I suggest we ask a question in outlook forum to get more help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlook

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:57 AM
  • Hi

I uninstalled the updates below and the problem went away

KB3118375

KB3118293

Friday, December 2, 2016 11:31 AM
  • Thanks for sharing.
    Friday, December 2, 2016 12:14 PM
  • Well, I'm having the same problem, but poth updates are not installed on my system (Outlook 2016 32 bit, Win10)
    Monday, April 10, 2017 3:14 PM