none
Searching on Sharepoint and onedrive RRS feed

• Question

• We use SharePoint and Onedrive to store client files. If I use the search function it helps me find the client but I cannot upload  to the file from the search function.  We have several hundred clients listed and if I scroll down to find their file alphabetically it takes an incredibly long time.  Many of the sites I use have an alphabet search bar, that takes you directly to the letter of the alphabet.  It makes it much easier to manage a large amount of files.  Our entire office of admins struggle with this as it really slows down our ability to upload files in a timely manner.  Would appreciate knowing if there is a work around this. 
    • Edited by Buckeye12 Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:08 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What do you mean about “but I cannot upload  to the file from the search function”?

You said that “it really slows down our ability to upload files in a timely manner.” Does uploading file take long time?

Search shouldn’t affect uploading speed. You can monitor the uploading process via Fiddler, see which part takes long time.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 4, 2018 8:36 AM
  • If you do a search and pull up the clients file, you can see the file but it will not allow you to upload a document to that file.  The only way you can upload is to scroll down to find the clients name and then you can use the upload feature.

What is taking so long is scrolling down the list of several hundred clients to find a name.  As you scroll you have to wait multiple times as you scroll for it to catch up.  Very frustrating.  Once you get to the clients file to open files is not an issue.  It is just getting to the client's folder when you have several hundred of different client files.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 3:23 PM