none
Exchange Subscriber Access not recognizing any mailbox extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Our Exchange 2010 subscriber access is not recognizing any mailbox extension, when called from a phone or Lync 2010 client, users will enter their extension and they get a message sayoing "XXXXX is not a valid mailbox extension". This is happening to every user. Even when calling from a Lync 2010 client, usually hitting the Change Greetings option from the Lync client would call SA and the user would immediately be logged in to their voicemail without entering their extension. But now when hitting change greeting option, SA asks the user to enter their extension and when they do they get the message that the extension is not valid.

SA was working fine previously. All of the sudden it started acting like this a week or two. I have checked Event Viewer and don't see any errors from mxExchange Unified Messaging.

Please any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Eightbitsshort,

I'll move this thread to Lync integration forum, as they should have more professional knowledge on it and you may get effective solution timely. Thanks for your understanding,

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 25, 2018 8:18 AM
  • Hi Eightbitsshort,

I find a similar case, you could refer to it.

https://www.adamfowlerit.com/2013/04/exchange-2010-unified-messaging-unrecognised-voicemail-extension/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 25, 2018 11:52 AM
  • Hi Leon, 

Thanks for your reply. I did find that link before I posted my problem here. Per the article, I did check the msExchUMEnabledFlags attribute for all my users and it shows the correct value. So it doesn't seem that solution applies to my case. 

Friday, May 25, 2018 12:34 PM