none
"Start this workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item" in Project Site templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I created a document library with the "Start this workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item" on, and saved the site as a template. However when I create instances using that project site template, the document library doesn't have the "Start this workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item" option on, like the site that was used for the template have.

Is this option not possible to save on a project site template?

Here are the steps I did:

1. On a document library I set the versioning for major and minor version
    2. I create an “Publishing approval” workflow and set it to “Start this workflow to approve publishing on a major version”.
    3. But when I create a project instance of this type, the document library on the project site has the “Start this workflow to approve publishing on a major version” turned off.

Thanks!

Best regards

Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that "Start this workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item" turned off in Project Site templates.

I tried to reproduce the issue, the option did truned off after createing site with the saved template.

If I start the workflow, the content Approval Status is still ‘Draft’.

As a workaround, I recommend to click Library->Workflow Settings-> Workflow Settings-> Click the workflow name->Check the "Start this workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item" option again.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:59 AM
  • Hi Linda

Thanks for your reply. That would mean that for every site created, someone would have to go into the list settings and turn this on again. If we're talking of about a site with several lists, in a company that creates several projects a day, the work amount of maintenance needed is huge over the course of time.

Isn't there any other workaround? Unfortunately we can't use SharePoint Designer in this case.

Thanks again!

Best regards

• Edited by Pedro Gordo Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:31 PM better english
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:49 AM
  • Hi,

I recommend to create a  WebProvisioned event receiver.

We need to create an event handler and register it with the Web Provisioned event. In the event, we need to find the specific Library and set SPList.DefaultContentApprovalWorkflowId property.

When the site is provisioned, the event handler is activated. Then the "Start this workflow to approve publishing a major version of an item" option will be checked.

More information:

SPWebEventReceiver.WebProvisioned method (Microsoft.SharePoint)

SPList.DefaultContentApprovalWorkflowId property (Microsoft.SharePoint)

Attaching Web Event to perform operations after creating the web (Event Receiver Concept)

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pedro Gordo Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:31 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Pedro Gordo Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:31 AM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:50 AM
  • Thanks, Linda, but that would require coding which is not possible in this context. It seems we'll have to survive with this defect. :-(

Thanks for you help!

Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:33 AM