none
Sharepoint 2010 with a Windows Server 2016 DC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

We are looking to renew our aging 2008 R2 domain controllers with Server 2016 DCs, initially running at 2008 R2 domain functional level, later moving to 2016 functional level.

My question is will our vanilla Sharepoint 2010 install be OK with this? It makes use of domain groups for permissions. 

SharePoint itself is installed on a 2008 R2 Server separate from the DCs. I suppose for completeness it would be interesting to know if SharePoint 2010 will install on 2016 Server too? I know that with 2012 you have to use the SP2 ISO.

Thanks in advance

Justin

Justin

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi macklij, 

SharePoint 2010 cannot be installed on windows server 2016. Max supported in 2012 R2 for which you need the SharePoint 2010 with SP2 ISO. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:14 AM
  • Hi macklij,

Is there anything update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:18 AM
  • Looks like OP's DC part of the question was addressed yet. I know it's an old thread but for anyone else's benefit taken from this thread: 

"We can confirm that SharePoint On-Premise version 2010 and 2013 are compatible with Active Directory On-Premise version 2016"

Hope this helps someone!

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Friday, March 2, 2018 5:15 PM