none
Business Data Connectivity - The load balancer is not provisioned RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm about to test out the new BDC in SD, but I get this error:

"There is no Business Data Connectivity Service assosiceated with the current web context"

If I go into Central admin, and Manage Service Applications, and click Business Data Connectivity (Service Application or Proxy) I get the following error:

"The load balancer is not provisioned. Verify the load balancer was provisioned successfully before retrieving endpoint addresses."

Any idea of what's wrong with my installation?

The stacktrace from the logs says:

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The load balancer is not provisioned. Verify the load balancer was provisioned successfully before retrieving endpoint addresses.   
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ViewBDCApplication.OnLoad(EventArgs args)    
     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:32 PM

Answers

• Looking back at derekp at magenic.com's post,

I made sure I had installed the WCF hot fix at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976462.

I deleted the Business Data Connectivity Service by going to Central Administration | Service Applications | Manage Service Applications | Business Data Connectivity [select the line, not the link] and choose Delete from the ribbon.

I then from the same page I selected "New" from the ribbon, and chose "Business Data Connectivity" from the list it provided.

After reprovisioning the Business Data Connectivity service, everything seems to be functioning properly.
    • Proposed as answer by AdamZ Monday, March 15, 2010 9:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Margriet Bruggeman Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:41 PM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:53 PM
  • I got this error when deploying a BDC Model project from Visual Studio.  What I was able to do is create a new BDC service application.  Then I associated it with my web application.

After I created the new BDC service app, the error did not happen and I was able to manage it.

Hope this helps!
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:46 PM

All replies

• I am facing the same issue - did you figure how to fix this?

Regards,
    Vikram
    Blog: http://dotnetupdate.blogspot.com |
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:54 AM
  • I am also experiencing the same issue.

jb
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 9:11 PM
  • Did you install WCF hot fix ? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976462

Hrayr
    www.lightningtools.com
    • Proposed as answer by Hrayr Diloyan Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:24 AM
    Monday, March 8, 2010 4:42 PM
  • I got this error when deploying a BDC Model project from Visual Studio.  What I was able to do is create a new BDC service application.  Then I associated it with my web application.

After I created the new BDC service app, the error did not happen and I was able to manage it.

Hope this helps!
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:46 PM
  • Looking back at derekp at magenic.com's post,

I made sure I had installed the WCF hot fix at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976462.

I deleted the Business Data Connectivity Service by going to Central Administration | Service Applications | Manage Service Applications | Business Data Connectivity [select the line, not the link] and choose Delete from the ribbon.

I then from the same page I selected "New" from the ribbon, and chose "Business Data Connectivity" from the list it provided.

After reprovisioning the Business Data Connectivity service, everything seems to be functioning properly.
    • Proposed as answer by AdamZ Monday, March 15, 2010 9:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Margriet Bruggeman Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:41 PM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:53 PM
  • I am getting the same problem with SharePoint 2013, and I am unable to install the hotfix also, for SharePoint2013 a separate hotfix is released?
    • Proposed as answer by TSMurphy1234 Monday, March 4, 2013 10:19 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by TSMurphy1234 Monday, March 4, 2013 10:19 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 7:19 AM
  • Here are some items to check and it depends on your environment configuration.

• I would recommend using the same credentials for any web services you will be connecting too.
    • I experienced strange issues when trying to use a service account for the IIS Application Pools and found Local System and Network Service worked (again depends on your configuration).
    • I tried to install the hotfix and all my deployments were on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 but it yelled at me stating something like it wasn’t for my server.  The x86 or Ix64 was the only two other downloads and unless they were mixed up when uploaded I wasn’t about to try them.
    • Procedures to setup Business Data Connectivity Service

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, click Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, and then click SharePoint 2010 Central Administration.
    2. Click Application Management.
    3. In the Service Applications area, click Manage Service Applications.
    4. If a type of Business Data Connectivity Service Application does not exist in the Type column, continue to Step 5.
    5. Click New and then click Business Data Connectivity Service.
    6. In the Service Application Name area, enter the name of the Business Data Connectivity Service application. For example, BDC.
    7. In the Database area, verify the correct Microsoft SQL Server is entered in the Database Server area and accept the default for the Database Name area. Accept the default for the Database Authentication.
    8. Accept the default for the Failover Server area.
    9. In the Application Pool area, choose to either use an existing application pool or create a new application pool.
    10. Click OK.
    11. Verify the Status column indicates started for the new Business Data Connectivity Service Application. 

12. Click Application Management.
    13. In the Service Applications area, click Manage Services On Server.
    14. Verify that the Business Data Connectivity Service indicates that it is started under the Status column, if not, click the Start link under the Action column for the service to start it.

• Finally, trial and error, restarting IIS, rebooting, thinking outside the box, and the stars being aligned correctly will help.

Monday, March 4, 2013 10:30 PM
  • Simple iisreset did the trick for me :)
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:45 AM