What the Directory Services Group is for

Question

• This Directory Services group is intended for questions and discussions on the indentity fearures contained within Windows Server, including Active Directory, ADAM, Infocard, etc.

Posts widely off topic may be moved to a better location to ensure answers to questions or to better direct the conversation.
    Sunday, May 28, 2006 2:59 PM

All replies

• Which Thread do you mean?

If this is related with my posting, which location do you recommend?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:30 PM
  • Nice post..Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by Hitesh Goyal Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:21 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Hitesh Goyal Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:21 AM
    Friday, July 02, 2010 5:22 AM
  • Hi,

I have a small request for all the people who post their queries. Please first search for the past query that matches you request.In case you do not find any thing then please put up a new post. I have seen multiple people have made the same queries.

I believe this will help us to improve the quality of this forum.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 08, 2011 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

I have a small request for all the people who post their queries. Please first search for the past query that matches you request.In case you do not find any thing then please put up a new post. I have seen multiple people have made the same queries.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Good One !
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Hi

I want to  learn about Microsoft Active Directory Services Like their definitions of each directory services(ADDS, LDDS, RMS etc.) architecture of each directory services(ADDS, LDDS, RMS etc.)  ,structure of  each directory services(ADDS, LDDS, RMS etc.) , advantages  of each directory services(ADDS, LDDS, RMS etc.)

Vijay

• Proposed as answer by Andiappan KR Friday, April 27, 2012 11:12 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Andiappan KR Friday, April 27, 2012 11:12 AM
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Pl go through this link.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc772829

Andiappan

Friday, April 27, 2012 11:13 AM
  • Active Director is the heart of the enterprise environment or the database that controls the user' rights in a work environment.  
    Monday, December 17, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Couldn't have said it better myself!

MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP CompTIA A+ CompTIA Net+ CompTIA Sec+

Friday, February 01, 2013 4:10 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

There seem to be an awful lot of questions about ADFS setup or configuration that are actually flagged as off topic and told to try again in the "Geneva" forum...which looks like it might be the right forum if you were asking a question about programming with the Windows Identity Foundation libraries. Most of the posts that I'm referring to are actually about setup or configuration. Flagging them as off topic mainly seems to have the effect of making sure they never actually get answered. If this forum covers "infocard" then it should probably cover ADFS.

Could someone look into this? There currently isn't a really good source for ADFSv3 troubleshooting.

Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:59 AM
  • I couldn't agree more with Joshua Toon.

ADFS should have its own forum.

Thanks !

Konnan

Understanding ADFS 3.0, the key to success

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 2:47 PM
  • Done :)

We recently opened a new IT Pro forum for ADFS discussions: Active Directory Federation Services  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=ADFS

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

yes
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:57 AM