none
Exchange server 2016 All services are failed to start RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed exchange server 2016 installed on windows server std 2016 it was working fine all the days suddenly all exchange server services are failed to start. how to resolve the issue.

version of Exchange is ExchangeServer2016-x64-cu8

interestingly server manager does not show installed features and I seen an error "data retrieval failures occurred" when I try to click on "add remove roles" it says server manager is collecting inventory data and stay for ever

RaSa

• Edited by Syed_Rabbani Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:21 AM included more information
    Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:16 AM

All replies

• Hello Syed,

If the service is failing to start you should see an entry in the event log that will point you to the reason that it's failing.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:53 AM
  • All exchange services  got disabled automatically is the strange when try to restarted I got 1067 servies not started timely manner no other clue??

RaSa

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 5:23 AM
  • Hi RaSa,

Please try to enable "Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology" service first, all exchange services depend on this service. 

If still cannot enable, please check if the DC are working as expected, and make sure the time of Exchange server has synced with the DC correctly. Moreover, as rafiul suggested, please also check if there is any related logs in event viewer in Exchange server, that would give us more clues to help troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 7:20 AM
  • Hi RaSa,

what is your server specification? try to increase core and memory.

BR//Rafiul 

Thursday, August 16, 2018 4:09 AM
  • Hi RaSa,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 20, 2018 9:47 AM