none
Remote Access Sharepoint WSS 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to set up remote access to my wss 3.0 site using Citrix XenApp. I've published the link to the site however whenever a user clicks it it requests "Web Server Authentication". I've tried logging in with the domain password but this doesn't work. What's interesting is that I also have Outlook published and when I click a link from a WSS notification email I can access the site as normal (no web server authentication required)

I've tried publishing other local sites and there is no issue with accessing these so I think it is strictly a sharepoint issue.

Any help appreciated

- Claire
    Monday, December 21, 2009 5:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I've tried logging in with the domain password but this doesn't work. Could you send the exact error into the forum for further analyze?

How did you publish the link and Outlook? Are the methods for the link and Outlook the same?

Also, you can try to access WSS 3.0 server directly instead of using Citrix Xenapp and check the effect.

Did you use ISA server or not?

If you use ISA and receive “HTTP 401 Unauthorized” error, please look into the following article:

Error message when a user accesses a SharePoint Web site that is published in ISA Server 2006 or in Windows Essential Business Server 2008: "HTTP 401 Unauthorized"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940248/

Hope this helps.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:30 AM

All replies

• The url of the email and the link is exactly the same?
    Are you accessing the link from the mail and the other from the same machine?
    Anything related with intranet and internet zones in the browser?

Enrique Blanco

PMP, Consultant

www.eblanco.com
    Monday, December 21, 2009 7:43 PM
  • Hi,

I've tried logging in with the domain password but this doesn't work. Could you send the exact error into the forum for further analyze?

How did you publish the link and Outlook? Are the methods for the link and Outlook the same?

Also, you can try to access WSS 3.0 server directly instead of using Citrix Xenapp and check the effect.

Did you use ISA server or not?

If you use ISA and receive “HTTP 401 Unauthorized” error, please look into the following article:

Error message when a user accesses a SharePoint Web site that is published in ISA Server 2006 or in Windows Essential Business Server 2008: "HTTP 401 Unauthorized"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940248/

Hope this helps.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:30 AM
  • Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying!

I found a workaround based on how I publish IE on Citrix, I had been publishing the site as Content, but I did it as an application instead and it worked fine! It's a bit of a mystery to my why it didn't work as Content as I've published other (non Sharepoint) sites as  Content and they worked fine.

Enrique  - The url in the email is different to the url I'd be publishing. The email has a link to a task or a list item whereas the published link would be a link to the site homepage. Both links would be accessed from the same machine. I don't think it's related to the browser settings as the settings are the same as the settings I'd use when accessing Sharepoint normally (ie not through Citrix) 

Rock - I'm afraid I don't have the exact error anymore but it was a access denied error to the web server. Outlook was posted as an application and the link was published as Content. As I said, I've changed this now as this was the problem but I just don't know why!

thanks for your help!!
    Claire
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 11:42 AM