none
RE: WYSIWIG Viewing in Excel is broken RRS feed

• Question

• When I do complex formatting in Excel, it does not show up completely in the preview view. I have to print to PDF and manually inspect the document to see formatting. Fix this please...

• Edited by ResidentX10 Monday, January 28, 2019 7:23 PM
    Sunday, January 27, 2019 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean the format lost when export to PDF?

Please provide the format you're using in Excel, I will test it.

Please provide more information about your problem and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, January 28, 2019 7:10 AM
  • The preview won't show the changes. I'll screenshot later. 
    Monday, January 28, 2019 7:24 PM
  • Hi,

Any updates about this problem?

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:07 AM
  • I'll need to post screenshots tomorrow. Added to the to do list.  This one is complex. Excel doesn't show the markups in preview but when I print to pdf they show
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 4:39 AM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

I'm just following up to make sure you have received my previous email and see if there is anything I can help.

Regards,

Emi

Monday, February 4, 2019 7:18 AM
  • I'm working on this now...
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:47 AM
  • Here's a screenshot from the Previewer:

• Edited by ResidentX10 Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:03 AM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:02 AM
  • Here's the final PDF one:

Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:06 AM
  • See how it has all the lines and I see the final product? I thought WYSIWIG was designed to do this too I can make proofing easier. 
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:07 AM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

I cannot reproduce this problem, please provide the sample file to our email address:

ibsofc@microsoft.com

Note: Please add the URL of the case in the email subject or body, please make sure that you have hidden your private information.

Regards,

Emi

Monday, February 11, 2019 9:34 AM
  • I sent it. Can you post the make and model and desktop/monitor or mobile workstation? 

I have an HP Z Book Studio G4 with Quadro 4GB card. 

• Edited by ResidentX10 Monday, February 11, 2019 11:00 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 10:59 AM