none
Multilingual Site Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We have created a public facing website in SharePoint 2016 on-premises. this Website supports 2 languages, English and Arabic. We have implemented SharePoint variation feature for creating this sites, and now we have stopped all four timer jobs related to variation.

Now the issue is On Arabic site, Numbers getting translated to Arabic language automatically. Even i tried to Edit the Arabic site page and added numbers in English (Content Editor -> Edit source -> Added English numbers) still its getting converted to Arabic. Our requirement is to have numbers and Dates in English language only for both the Arabic and English site.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks.... ________________ Baba (MCTS, MCPD)

Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:27 AM

Answers

• Dear Grace,

Found the root cause of issue, This was happening because of Arabic Fonts we used. Those fonts were automatically transletting the numbers in to Arabic. now we have changed the font and issue is resolved.

Thanks

Friday, December 22, 2017 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Babasaheb,

Per my test, I’m not able to reproduce your issue.

Whether only numbers or all the content translate automatically in the Arabic site? Check if the condition occurred on all pages.

Please provide some screenshots of your issue to get detailed information.’

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 8, 2017 8:19 AM
  • Dear Grace,

Found the root cause of issue, This was happening because of Arabic Fonts we used. Those fonts were automatically transletting the numbers in to Arabic. now we have changed the font and issue is resolved.

Thanks

Friday, December 22, 2017 9:19 AM
  • Hi Babasaheb,

I'm glad you have resolved the issue and thanks for your sharing.

You can mark your post as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 22, 2017 9:27 AM