none
dtmf while in conf call

Question

• While in a conference call, MOC users are unable to send DTMF tones.  People in the conference call that have joined from the PSTN are sometimes unable to send DTMF tones as well.

Any suggestions?

Monday, June 28, 2010 10:06 PM

All replies

• When in a conference call what type of DTMF tones are you attempting to send?  DTMF tones such as mute/unmute etc are not a part of OCS 2007 R2 but will be part of CS2010.

Mark

Mark King | MCTS:UC Voice | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Messaging | CCNA | www.unplugthepbx.com
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:51 PM
  • I actually have seen this issue and have not had a fix for it.

The issue we have internally actually is if we start a IP conference call, then try to dial a PSTN line, DTMF to that PSTN line is not heard.

Unfortunately the fix for us, has been to dial the PSTN first, then invite other users.

If you have some logs i'd be glad to take a look at it, we just haven't had the time to resolve it internally.

Randy Wintle | MCTS: UC Voice Specialization | Winxnet Inc
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 10:57 PM
  • Mark, we are just sending the normal *#0123456789 tones.

Randy, it sounds like we are experiencing pretty much the same thing.  I have not been able to collect logs yet, but I will try to do that soon.

The DTMF tones work fine during normal calls.  If the call is a conference call, or a normal call that has been changed to a conference by adding additional people, then the DTMF tones stop working.

Thank you for your replies.  I will try to get some logs soon.

Monday, July 12, 2010 4:57 PM
  • Thanks @ucJam.  I was just trying to identify if you were already in the conference call or attempting to join. 

I would recommend doing a packet capture on the Mediation server and filtering the capture by using the filter rtpevent (in Wireshark).  Do you see the DTMF tones come across?

Mark King | MCTS:UC Voice | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Messaging | CCNA | www.unplugthepbx.com
    Monday, July 12, 2010 7:44 PM
  • As a quick test, I just confirmed this issue also exists in my environment on 2010. Either its a gateway thing, or an OCS bug.

I will try to see if I am getting the DTMF tones at the gateway side.

Monday, July 12, 2010 7:50 PM
  • No DTMF Makes it to the gateway when I am in a conference on 2010 as well.

I'll ask around and see if anyone has any ideas.

Monday, July 12, 2010 7:55 PM
  • I made a quick blog post to try and track other people's experiences, however someone has told me they believe there is no DTFM in conference calls.

Once I can confirm I will let you know.

http://ucmadeeasy.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:49 PM
  • Just as I posted that, I got a comment to this KB article from July 8th:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2254369&sd=rss&spid=12605

OCS AVMCU does not support DTMF Relay.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:54 PM
  • Thank you for your help.

Randy, you said that you were having the same issue in your 2010 environment.  Is that OCS 2010?  The Wave 14 beta?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:57 PM
  • Just as I posted that, I got a comment to this KB article from July 8th:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2254369&sd=rss&spid=12605

OCS AVMCU does not support DTMF Relay.

This is not a fix asking our users to call the other party first is not possible, there needs to be a real fix to this issue.  I am having the issue as well.  When we go up against PBX vendors and tell them we can not support DTMF in certain scenarios we are going to be shown the door.
    cmcgreanor
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:30 AM
  • I like all of you am having this same problem -- I am running Lync 2010 with all available updates, I have two seperate SIP carriers and I have this issue on both.  I like everyone else need a fix for this ASAP.  It has been more than a year since the last post (18 months in fact) --  I really hope there is a fix out there an MS has just forgot to post it????

The partners at my firm are fed up with this and will yank the system (400 seats) if we can't get this working soon, seriosly -- this is a deal breaker, you have to be able to conference someone in and navigate their auto attendant system

Any help is apreciated!

Thursday, April 05, 2012 3:53 AM

• Does anyone know if and when Microsoft will support DTMF relay from conference call that is hosted by Audio Video Multipoint Conferencing Unit (AVMCU) using Microsoft Lync Server 2010? This is a must-have feature to enable Lync as voice telephony system.

"The AVMCU feature in Lync 2010 or Office Communications Server does not support DTMF relay."

Today the only option is to ask our users to start new peer-to-peer call from Lync client (where DTMF is supported) and merge this call into a current Lync audio conferencing. That is not user friendly. I would appreciate any feedback about this topic.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:15 PM