none
File Not Found Error using SharePoint 2007 and WSS 3.0

Question

• Hi guys, I have installed the Complete sharepoint server 2007 and WSS 3.0 but now when i open sharepoint configuration wizard or WSS 3.0 Central Administration then gets the error

"File Not Found."

I dont know how to fix it and did not create the any page just try to open it first time. Can you please guide me how can fix it.

Thank you

GM.
    • Moved by Chakkaradeep Chandran Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:04 AM (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:12 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

First, check IIS, and the Application Pools for Central Administration as well Central Administration have been started.

Try to reprovision Central Administration. Unprovision the CA using the config wizard or psconfig.exe and the reprovision it again using the same tools.

(This is not the same as disconnect from the farm and if done correctly, will not affect the production of the regular sites).

Try the following psconfig commands

stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicename WSS_Administration -servicetype Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService

or

Use the psconfig adminvs command to provision a new CA.

Manages the SharePoint Central Administration Web application on the local computer:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263093.aspx

Cheers

Geoff
    • Marked as answer by I Ali Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:51 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by I Ali Wednesday, February 3, 2010 11:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 12, 2010 6:11 AM
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

First, check IIS, and the Application Pools for Central Administration as well Central Administration have been started.

Try to reprovision Central Administration. Unprovision the CA using the config wizard or psconfig.exe and the reprovision it again using the same tools.

(This is not the same as disconnect from the farm and if done correctly, will not affect the production of the regular sites).

Try the following psconfig commands

stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicename WSS_Administration -servicetype Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService

or

Use the psconfig adminvs command to provision a new CA.

Manages the SharePoint Central Administration Web application on the local computer:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263093.aspx

Cheers

Geoff
    • Marked as answer by I Ali Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 12, 2010 6:11 AM
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:22 AM
  • Hi Geoff,

Thank you for guidance, I have configured the Sharpoint and now is working.

GM.
    • Marked as answer by I Ali Wednesday, February 3, 2010 11:35 AM
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:53 PM