none
an icon on each tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have multiple Visio files with multiple tabs that has a user icon with a block symbol next to it 

I can do everything on the file but I can not get read of this symbol 

any help please? 

Reza Negarestani

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Reza,

Thanks for your response. Do these pages include diagrams saved in SharePoint Online? Please save the Visio file to local folder, check if the issue persists.

Any updates, feel free to post back to tell us.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, July 8, 2019 1:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Reza,

What version of Visio are you using? Is it a shared drawing? Please check if the drawing has been restricted to edit?

Please right-click these page tabs and select Page Setup, check the settings for the page. Select Duplicate to create a copy of page, rename the page, will the issue still occur?

If you have any update, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Should there be a data connection on each page? I don't think it's a user-supplied icon, it looks like an error symbol of some sort.

Paul Herber, Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Paul Herber

Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:41 PM
  • sorry for the late reply 

I am using Visio version 1902 (Visio online plan 2)

everything on the page setup is the same as the pages with out the symbol 

Duplicate pages has no issue 

Reza Negarestani

Friday, July 5, 2019 12:03 AM
  • agreed

to me it looks like a sync issue 

this file is in SharePoint online and I am the only one accessing this file

I have tried check out and check in but no luck  

Reza Negarestani

Friday, July 5, 2019 12:05 AM
  • Hi Reza,

Thanks for your response. Do these pages include diagrams saved in SharePoint Online? Please save the Visio file to local folder, check if the issue persists.

Any updates, feel free to post back to tell us.

Best Regards,

Herb

Monday, July 8, 2019 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

yes the entire document is saved on the SharePoint online

I have saved the document locally and the symbol disappear after that I reopen the document 

I have upload the document to SharePoint again (replace) and everything backed to normal 

this document will be used by multiple people so it must be on the document server (SharePoint online) and it will be annoying if this has to happen every time 

Reza Negarestani

Monday, July 8, 2019 4:21 AM