none
Cant delete ActiveSync Device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have exchange 2010

I'm trying to delete old ActiveSync Device to user (using EMC) but it say that it "cannot be found"

any idea?

I think that in the past I delete the device object from AD 

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:22 AM

All replies

• >>delete old ActiveSync Device to user (using EMC)

Do you mean that delete ActiveSync devices from user self's option settings?

As far as I know, we cannot manage user mobile device from EMC, could you provide a screenshot about this issue?

For Exchange administrator, if you want to delete mobile device record for other users, you need use Remove-ActiveSyncDevice command in EMS.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Hi Kyle

Sorry, I mean EMS.

Right click the users, manage mobile phones, Select the device from the list and remove it.

I attached the error that I get.

*** I think that in the past I delete the device object from AD.

Thanks,

Shlomi

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

Do you try to use this user's credentials to login ECP as I posted before? Whether those devices exist in that list?

If those devices exist in that list, you can try to remove it. 

The root cause may be as you said, delete object from ADSI directly may cause many unknown error.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 5, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

I manage to remove one of the devices from ECP.

getting error when try to remove the other one.

Can I remove it from AD schema?

Monday, August 5, 2019 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

Here is a similar thread which may be useful to you: Unable to delete ActiveSync devices for users that no longer exist 

Customer in that thread solved his issue with remove information from ADSI.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:10 AM
  • In ADSI I can see only one device (The active one).

Cant find the one I what to remove.

Monday, August 12, 2019 11:17 AM
  • Could you description about how do you delete the device object from AD in the past? I think this phenomenon may be caused by that actions.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:14 AM
  • It was long time ago...

I remember that I saw folder named by the Mobile Device name and I just right click and delete it.

Thanks,

Shlomi

Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:07 AM