none
Create AddressList with an extentioncustomattribute with multiple values RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking to create an addresslist and globaladdresslist but based on an extentioncustomattribute and not a conditionalcustomattribute. is it possible ? I use the extensioncustomattribute because I have multiple values and I want the addresslist to populate according to the filter. The 15 customattribute of AD are not enough for me.

Thank you in advance.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Here is an example for it:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ben-J-75 Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:06 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:36 AM

All replies

• Wednesday, July 17, 2019 5:33 PM
  • Hi,

Here is an example for it:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ben-J-75 Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:06 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Indeed, I had not seen this doc and there is the msExchExtensionCustomAttribute in the list but I can't use it.

Example:
    User1: msExchExtensionCustomAttribute1 = France
    User2: msExchExtensionCustomAttribute1 = Canada
    User3: msExchExtensionCustomAttribute1 = France; Canada

I want to give the AddressList part to that but the result of the command tells me that it's not a valid filter.

New-AddressList -Name France -IncludeRecipients MailboxUsers -RecipientFilter {(msExchExtensionCustomAttribute1 -eq 'France')}

New-AddressList: Can not bind parameter 'RecipientFilter' to the target. Exception setting "RecipientFilter":
    "" msExchExtensionCustomAttribute1 "is not a recognized filterable property.
    "(msExchExtensionCustomAttribute1 -eq 'France')" at position 2. "
    At line: 1 tank: 86
    + ... ecipientFilter {(msExchExtensionCustomAttribute1 -eq 'France')}
    +~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo: WriteError: (:) [New-AddressList], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId: ParameterBindingFailed, Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.NewAddressList

Same issue with a-like.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Strange, indeed it works once I remove the option IncludeRecipients. I will dig but the filter works. Thank you to you 2.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Here is the root cause for this error: New-AddressList

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Perfect Kyle. Thanks again ;)
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:05 AM