none
Office 365 - Outlook automatic login fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hey 

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask the question but here goes.

How many places does Office 365 save passwords. Cause i have an user which outlook is stuck in a loop with the old password.
    I removed the mail account. I looked up in the registry and couldn't find any places that a bunch of guides suggested. I removed it in the credential manager. And it is still stuck with the old password.

Regards
    Lasse L
    Monday, August 19, 2019 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Lasse,

According to my research, Outlook store its passwords in Windows Credentials, you can search for ‘credentials’ in the search bar that comes up when you are in the Control Panel.

After closing your Outlook, go to Windows Credentials, look for and remove anything related to Outlook or Microsoft from the list, including under the Web Credentials. Then restart your Outlook client.

If the issue persists, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:36 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:29 AM