none
Hybrid Configuration Time estimate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have not configured a Hybrid SharePoint in a while. Had some issues the previous time.

Can anyone that has done it lately give me a idea on how long it took them?
    Full stack including In-Bound and Out-Bound search.

Looks to me like the process got improved quite allot and much smoother?

TIA

Danie

Friday, September 13, 2019 5:41 AM

Answers

• The wizard only takes a few minutes to step through. But don't forget search is part of that hybrid experience, should you choose to deploy it, and it will take a full crawl to complete the process.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Danie Claassen Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:09 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Danie,

How long to configure Hybrid SharePoint depends on many factors such as how many hybrid features that you want to set up, network and preparation.

You can check the roadmaps for the SharePoint hybrid to get more detailed information and wait for other community members who have ever configure the SharePoint Hybrid.

SharePoint Server hybrid configuration roadmaps

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:16 AM
  • It depends on which part. ODfB is near instant. MMS/CT Hub can take some time, depending on the number of Term Groups and their content, as well as Content Types in the CTHub.

Cloud Search will also vary. The actual creation time is <20 minutes, but then you have to crawl your content to get it to the Azure index.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:55 AM
  • Thanks for the replies. 
    We estimate 14 day's to be very safe. 
    Search gave me and another colleague headwind in the past so that 14 days is based on that. (:

Sure that would be enough time...Or would it? 
    Monday, September 16, 2019 4:52 AM
  • I made the CSSA switch over the weekend but I already knew that the content would take approximately 48 hours to crawl based on recent past experience.

MMS change took just an hour or so. The other changes took just a few minutes. 

Trevor Seward

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:21 PM
  • Thanks, im not talking about crawling the content though. (:
    Im talking about configuring the Hybrid functionality/Connectivity.
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:00 AM
  • The wizard only takes a few minutes to step through. But don't forget search is part of that hybrid experience, should you choose to deploy it, and it will take a full crawl to complete the process.

Trevor Seward

• Marked as answer by Danie Claassen Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:09 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:06 PM
  • Thanks Trevor.
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:09 PM