none
Hybrid Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our Hybrid configuration is running Exchange Server 2010 without any problems in a Centralized setup, now we want to achieve 2 things:

- Upgrade the on-premise server to Exchange Server 2016 (or 2019).

- Change the Hybrid configuration to NOT use the Centralized setup, since all mailboxes have been moved to o365 this only seems logical

The two questions I have are:

1. What would be smarter: first change the hybrid configuration and to remove the centralized setup check-mark
    or
    2. Install an Exchange Server 2016 server and then run the HCW  to change the centralized setup AND to configure  this new server for the Hybrid setup.

Another question rises: When only changing the centralized setup, do we need to change the MX Records at the same time, before, or after changing this?

Regards,

Jan

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Jan,

1. Option 2 would be smarter. Install an Exchange server 2016 and re-run HCW to change the centralized setup.

2. No need to change the MX records, but it's recommended to point to office 365. You can refer to the following article to understand the difference:

Manage mail flow with mailboxes in multiple locations (Exchange Online and on-premises)

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Hi Jan,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:42 AM
  • Hello Niko,

I have installed a new Exchange 2016 server and i am in the process of moving mailboxes and connectors from the Exchange 2010 server. After this is completed I will run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard to change the configuration and to appoint the new server and remove the centralized setup. Everything is working great this far :-)

Thanks!

Jan

Friday, May 24, 2019 2:10 PM
  • Hi Jan,

Is there any update on this thread?
    If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. 
    Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:40 AM