none
SharePoint Online List with nested entry RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm looking to use SharePoint for a tracking project. My team track repairs and would like to use a list to do this.

So, the list would have some entries such as Reference Number, Repair Vendor, Date Raised, etc. One of these would need to account for materials used for each repair. So for example, there could be no materials or there could be up to 10, and each materials entry would have a part number, price, invoice number, etc.

Is this possible to do with a SharePoint list, and if so, what's the best way to go about it?

Many thanks

Ben.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 4:24 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This is a typical scenario where you can go ahead and create a Material List (with columns partnumber, price, invoice number, etc).

Create another Repair list (With columns like Reference Number, Repair Vendor, Date Raise and a Lookup column referring Material Column with multi select option enabled.)

This should serve the purpose.

Ramakrishnan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 6:10 AM
  • Hi,

Does solution above meet your requirement?

If yes, you can mark as answer.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 9:49 AM
  • Hi Ben,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 14, 2018 8:11 AM